The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Monday, October 7, 2013

Not just another year...

Amazing how quickly one can go from hating getting older to feeling utterly BLESSED to have just been here to greet another year! :-P Though, if anyone asks...I turned 28. *again* Hey. I was told by dear friends today that I'm allowed to do that. So I am. ;)

Seriously though. First thought when I awoke this morning was 'YES! I made it. Officially no longer the age that Jesus was when He died.' ha! Not sure if I shared that story on here or not...but just a recap, assuming I did...that was something I *somewhat morbidly but in full honesty* pointed out during one of my first chemo-session around this time, last year. :-P Realizing, hey if this cancer kills me, I'll be the same age as Jesus was. So I suppose I'm officially over that hill. Even if I die tomorrow. ;)

*Strange/semi-morbid rant over*

So, for my birthday this year *because making-memories with my family is now priority more than ANYTHING ELSE* I asked Aaron to take us to see Cirque Musica in Eugene--as a family. Whenever we've travelled places, we see the Cirques and always say 'Gosh, someday we should go see one of those.' So this year...per my request and it being just an hour away.. AND being right up my alley with a live orchestra, we spent my birthday money on four tickets.

Was it worth it?
Um, let's just say I spent the whole evening pulling an ecstatic *and loudly enthusiastic* 6 year old off of me...'Oh, mommy....this is sooooooo amazing. Thank you thank you thank you for bringing us here!'

Yep.
Worth every spent penny and moment FOR SURE. Next to our overly appreciative and excited little boys at Disneyland a little over a year ago, this was the next best memory we four have made together.


The rest of the weekend was not too eventful. With Aaron's work changes and deadlines are fast approaching, we found ourselves at the clinic mostly... though even that *since we were together and our the boys are so good at just being with us* was really quite lovely.

The highlights of my actual birthday *today* were the many friends and families who extended birthday wishes---blowing up my Facebook, interactions and phone-texts with love! :)
Also, tonight while I was painting away on the exam-rooms at the clinic, Aaron snuck away for some store-time with Gray and snagged up a couple of cards and cake-samplings which we enjoyed after we headed home for the evening. I kept giggling inside at all the people around me who were saying things like 'hope you celebrated big-time' and 'make it one to remember'...because I think what I've learned this past year is I don't have to make anything out of it for it to be 'big' that I am ALIVE TO SEE ANOTHER YEAR. For me, that is as big as it gets. Being here to receive more hugs. More love. More sweet little signatures 'to mommy' on specially-chosen cards, more kisses and adoration from hubs, more opportunities to fellowship, communicate and just... breathe.
That IS the biggest gift I received this year. And the only one I need.


So.
Thirty-four.

Though I'm NOWHERE NEAR where I thought I'd be, I'm here.
And though I'm still not crazy about the actual number...I couldn't be more welcoming towards the prospect of another year of life~

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you Hayley all weekend. A belated Happy Birthday Dear Niece! I hope you had a blessed time....Being Loved on by your family is wonderful! Love to you & yours! Aunt Dahn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits