The Prom-Mom's Perspectives and Ramblings...

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Courage is the Word...

The day after we got the official cancer diagnosis, a dear cousin of mine (along with many other loved ones) showed up on my doorstep with a shoulder to weep on and a gift, that has since become, a very significant symbol to me in this journey.

Willow Tree things have always been a favorite of mine... the fact that the artist leaves the faces 'bare' so that one may imagine themselves 'in' the sculpture is nothing shy of awesome.
Little did I know how, however, how significant, even before getting to the hospital and re-opening it, that it would become. One thing's for sure...I plan for it to be front and center from my viewpoint in the hospital bed.

So, what is it's message?

COURAGE.


Some of you who I've had the precious chance to see before heading north have heard from my own mouth the REALNESS of this battle. You know that just because I am choosing to maintain a positive attitude and outlook, doesn't mean that I am without normal, human fears. Do I know that my Lord and Savior covers those fears? Of course. Is that comforting? Absolutely. But it doesn't fully shed my mind of them.

I need people to understand that, although I fully believe He is going to use me as the vessel I've prayed to be... to reach and inspire people around me to Know that God is very, very real and these 'circumstances' are to force me to my knees, to Trust Him in His control...this is still extremely scary.

As my little Gray wept a couple night's ago... 'Mommy, I don't want them to cut you' and the reality is NEITHER DO I... but I don't have a choice.

I take our greatest example... Jesus... and think, did He like the idea of being beaten to near-death and then butchered to a tree? I'm pretty sure that's a no. But sometimes, we're called to do things that we'd never, in our wildest dreams, think or wish we'd have to... and that's when falling to our knees, asking for His strength and in turn feeling a spirit-gifted COURAGE plays it's role.

I have been called. This is MY journey, and although I am backed by my army, it is within MYSELF that courage has to dwell.

Well.
I accept that challenge. And I ask of all of you now who have been touched by this story---as it is just beginning---to accept it with me.
Instead of weeping for me, join me. Join me in conquering not just this cancer, but spreading the awesome Power of Courage that is available to us all, if we choose to accept it.

We have adopted on a posture--simply mimicking that of my sculpture.
The simple message is: GOD IS GREATER. He is ABOVE and BEYOND cancer and all other things of this world. He is REAL.
He is ALL-POWERFUL.

 HE. IS. EVERYTHING.

For those of you, and there are many...who keep asking me what can I do to 'help' you...
I ask you now, join me.

Post and get others to post as many pictures like the ones below, as possible.

If I have been called to overcome this awful measure, let's let the Victory be Christ's alone.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley,
    I am a friend of Jessica Hugill's. She emailed me earlier this week and told me the news you had received. I go to a women's prayer/Bible study once a week and had the women pray for you and your family. I know that we haven't met, but I wanted to let you know that I am standing with you in this. Thank you for your honesty and faith.
    -Kaylee in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!

Total PROM Visits